Jul 30, 2013

Signs & clues

Does anyone believe in signs of things to come? Or subtle clues that happen to be around you, when something's about to happen.

Maybe I'm just hell intuitive.
Woman+ Cancerian+ Analytical mind, perfect recipe for being so too.

But of late, I've actually begun to acknowledge when these happen to and around me and let my decisions be influenced by these little helpers in my head.

Small example (and things like these happen millions of times) I'm leaving my house in the morning for work, and I happen to peek at the umbrella hung over the hook, forever, by the door, but this one time I pause for a bit, look at it but go on anyway.
Later that day I'm out and it starts raining, leaving me stranded.

I tell a friend that I've been (politely) trying to evade, that I can't hang out because I'm sick, viola I catch the strongest case of the flu a few days later and I can't come out, for real.

Do my lies become truths or I made those lies out of some subconscious intuitions about them?

Not just that. Another angle in this mind labyrinth: I read or get to know the meaning of a word for the first time and seconds later I hear someone around use it.

The other day, I was just heading out for lunch and kept looking for my wallet, didn't find it. But my debit card was lying outside & I kept in my backpocket. But at the back of my mind, I wanted to ideally carry the wallet.
A few minutes later, when i was at the restaurant, I discover that I'd lost the debit card. How?
No idea! Gone, like a puff, without a trace.

One of the more remarkable recent examples. I was planning to quit work soon.
Almost resigned even but I kept delaying it week after week for some reason, even unknown to me. It just "didn't feel right"
Then this project, after my own heart, comes along, I work on it and if I am successful, I get to travel.

Meanwhile, at the same time, somehow I'm seeing NYC everywhere. I see a movie that's based around a trip to the UN (The Dictator, in case you were wondering), I find a long-lost "I love NYC" keychain, people around me are traveling to the US at the same time.
And bam! They tell me I'm traveling to NYC and to the UN for that project.

I'm beginning to listen to, nay, recognise my instincts and that I think it's true what they say about listening to your heart, that's where it all is.

2 comments:

Shonazee said...

happens to me like ALL THE TIME !
Greaat post :)

Unknown said...

Hello Monica!
I've decided to give you the Liebster Award for this blog :)

http://aditto.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/liebster-award/