Nov 3, 2011

A touching shopping experience at craftsvilla


I have always been a shopoholic..Nothing else cheers me up like a bag of shopping bags ensconced tightly in my hands and coming back home to gloat & pour over my new acquired 'possessions' & trying them for the first time! Ah the materialisic world we live in!

Add to that a salary at the end of month & the power of plastic money! There's no stopping me! However being in the city that I am,  shopping isn't half as fun as it used to be in back in bangalore...Sure you do have your swanky malls & the brands here but missing here is the charm of hours walking up & down the lanes & by-lanes of commercial street & brigade road , pouring over the various colourful,& eclectic bric-a-brac & trinkets on display...window shopping..randomly entering stores,trying stuff , haggling, and voila swipe swipe swipe...
Also, with my kind of schedule , I dont get much time to actually go to the markets , spend hours walking down the streets, finding what I need & then haggling over the prices etc....
So ,then what do I do to satiate my shopoholic cravings ?

Online Shopping comes to rescue! Fueled by the vast spread penetration of the internet, superior quality digital pictures & ease of e-payments, online shopping is a boon for everyone.....Recently I happened on a site called craftsvilla.com...What struck me about this site was that It's an online shopping portal especially to promote & sell "Indian" handicrafts , clothes & accessories, all of which are made by the local artisans( also, by buying their products you also support the artisans from all over the country) Good karma & great shopping!... I wanted to buy a few Diwali gifts for friends & family and craftsvilla was just perfect for me ! Among the things I bought were a : A ( beautifully packaged) herbal cosmetic kit by 'khadi' , a handmade soap hamper and an interesting gift containing a silk scarf, an ethnic batua purse that came in a beautiful giftbox...The products were delivered within 3 days of order. And now the part that touched me...Every product came with a beautiful hand-made note ( see pic ) that said " Thank you" with a personalized msg from the owner ( who also happens to be 'Monica' ) and a complimentary dia for Diwali! 



I don't think online shopping ever gets more personal than that! So try craftsvilla.com , shopoholic or not!

Meanwhile,I try to navigate the many shopping tabs around my browser, looking for my next dose of retail Nirvana ;)

Happy Shopping!

No comments: